Monday, December 25, 2006

Funk soul Christmas


We had chicken and waffles for Christmas. It was pretty good. Not as sublime as the chicken and waffles I had a few years ago in L.A. (not Roscoe's, some other place I don't remember the name of). But still pretty good. It's our tradition to have something nontraditional for Christmas dinner. Last year we had appetizers. The year before we had green chili. This year it was soul food.
Speaking of soul, let's take a moment of silence for the Godfather. When I was about 7 years old I got into an argument with a group of kids because they had the bad taste to say that The Jackson 5 was better than James Brown. No way. If you don't believe me, listen to "James Brown Live at the Apollo" sometime. It's fierce.
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: