Thursday, December 07, 2006

Something new under the sun?


Every now and then I will hear a sentence that seems likely that it may not have ever been said by another person in the history of the world. Usually, it is spoken by my husband. Today's entry: "That mint is in your head."

He said it in relation to some dried orange mint I keep in a drawer in the kitchen. It gets on his nerves because we don't have room for a big bag of dried leaves. But I want to keep it because at some point I'm going to start testing recipes with orange mint and what if I want to do that in winter?

Anyway, the mild argument went something like this:

Him: But we never use it.
Me: But I might need it. Besides, that's the mint that bought your electric guitar. That's the mint that bought me diamond earrings. (meaning it's the mint that inspired my first novel)
Him: No, that mint is in your head.

Just one of the many reasons I love the man.

This picture is what orange mint looks like in my yard. Funnily enough, it's the stuff with the purple blossoms, not the orange ones.

No comments: