Monday, January 01, 2007

Do you make resolutions?

I don't really make new year's resolutions. I try to take stock and think hard about my life, my choices, wants and goals. But making resolutions is too structured or something for me. Do you make resolutions? If so, why and does it work?

As I was reading Eat Pray Love there were many lines I found myself wanting to write in my journal. I post this quote from Elizabeth Gilbert not as a resolution, but as a reminder: "You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings."

And speaking of participating relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings, the New York Times has a story today about literary cruises being one more way for desperate publishers and authors to try to reach readers. If any literary cruise planners should happen upon this blog, I'm game! I'll just stock up on Dramamine. :-)

Happy new year, everybody!

No comments: