Friday, January 26, 2007

Holy low-sugar chocolate, Batman!

OMG! I just had a piece of a Dagoba Eclipse Bar. 87% cacoa and only 4 grams of sugar for 1/2 a bar (I had about an 1/8th of a bar). They call it "extra bittersweet." Wow. They are not kidding. At first it tasted really sweet (and REALLY good) and I thought, uh oh, I'm in trouble now. But it turned bitter (in a good way) and left just a real dark chocolate taste on my tongue, which is good because it left me with no desire to immediately scarf the rest of the bar. Whew, that's a pretty intense little candy. How intense? On their website Dagoba calls it a "test" for chocolate lovers. It's 2nd only to 100% baking chocolate with no sugar added.

Their website says that 1.4 oz of chocolate (little over 1/2 one of their bars) only has as much caffeine as a cup of decaf. I wonder...I didn't have near that much, but I feel like I just had a shot of espresso! Another reason I'm not rushing to eat the whole thing.

No comments: