Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Getting realer by the minute

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become real."

"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.

"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." -- The Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams

My editor emailed me some sample pages of what the inside layout of my book is going to look like. With every step of this publication process (starting last May when I signed with my new agent), I am amazed to realize this little dream of mine that I fantasized and prayed about is manifesting. Maybe because I REALLY loved it for a long, long time.

REALLY loving this dream means not just fantasizing and praying, but DOING something to make it manifest. Sorry all you fans of The Secret, but I'm a believer not only in visualizing, but in doing. I have heard from too many people that they have their book "All up here" (pointing to their noggins). No matter how much you pray and put it out to the universe it's not going to go from "all up here" to down on paper unless you put your fingers to the keyboard or wrap them around a pen. And sometimes, trust me, it will hurt, but if you REALLY want to be a writer, you must REALLY write.

No comments: