Thursday, December 13, 2007

Meme-of-the-Month

Tayari Jones (check out the best-dressed writer I know here) has tagged me for a fascinating meme. You post the first line of the first post for each month of 2007. Let's see what I was going on about this year.

January. I don't really make new year's resolutions.

February. Stay tuned for the Pajama Chat with Stephanie Rose Bird. (better late than never!)

March. Got cabin fever?

April. Hubby took this group of pictures today.

May. On April 24, my grandfather, William Oliver Melton, passed away.

June. "Boldfaced Lies," a self-published first novel by Charlene Porter has been nominated for a NAACP image award. (A Denver writer I've never met, btw.)

July. "Shakespeare, Maya Angelou and Nikki Giovanni just to name a few."

August. Happy Birthday Yuh Yuh! (my middle brother)

September. Last Labor Day I was in a completely different space physically and mentally.

October. I finished No Place Safe yesterday, turning the pages as quick as I could.

November. Extreme Cover Make-over

December. Snow Miser vs. Heat Miser.

I guess this shows a little of what this blog is about: books and family. Not one of the first lines was about gardening though.

So, on to tagging. I will tag: Ms. Peri, Iyan and Egusi Soup, Sage and Thyme, Judy Larsen, Sustenance Scout. Have fun!

5 comments:

olufunke grace bankole: said...

fun meme carleen. i'm looking forward to participating; thanks!

Sherry said...

Ahhh I've been tagged!!! :) This one sounds like fun...if I don't do it tomorrow I will on Monday..give me time to think about the excitment I've had over the last year!!!!

Judy Merrill Larsen said...

This looks fun . . . and since I didn't even start blogging until March, I'm getting off pretty easy!

Sherry said...

I've done my meme...and I see I got off easier than Judy...I only started blogging in August!! :)

Sustenance Scout said...

Done, Carleen! Another fun one! K.