Friday, January 04, 2008

Hot Flashes-Call for Submissions

Linda Watanabe McFerrin and Laurie McAndish King are looking for short (1200 words or less) erotic fiction, nonfiction and poetry for the third anthology in the Hot Flashes series, to be published in 2009. The submission deadline is March 1, 2008.

Laurie says, "We are not interested in gratuitous sex. We want the erotic framed in a way that is fascinating, entertaining, enlightening, surprising. We want fine writing. Think: appetite, humor, action, romance, food, travel, nature, personality, nostalgia, culture and counter-culture, mind, body and so on ... and add your erotic spin." More info here:

Please mail hard copy of your submission, along with a short bio, to:

Hot Flashes 3
Left Coast Writers
484 Lake Park Avenue, #29
Oakland, CA 94610

If your work is selected for publication, they will request a Word RTF (rich text format) document via e-mail or on disk.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I love this..in other words..they want reality!! Hallelujiah!!!

Lisa said...

Geeze, I was all excited when I saw hot flashes...wrong kind :)

Shauna Roberts said...

Thanks for the alert about the short erotic fiction anthology. I've got one waiting, and I'll send it off this weekend.

Carleen Brice said...

Glad I got y'all all hot and bothered! :)

Shauna, so glad I could let you know about it. I hope you get in!!!