Saturday, January 12, 2008

Let the countdown begin!


One month to the big day! I want to say I can't wait, but I can. I've waited almost 6.5 years (from the time I started Orange Mint and Honey). What's one more month?

I sold the book to Ballantine in September of 2006. One of the things I clicked with my editor about is that this book would be a spring title. (I've always imagined it as a spring title. And now, look at the cover (down and over to the right)--doesn't that look like a spring title?) And September was too late to get in the spring 2007 catalog, so spring 2008 it is.

Try explaining that to family and friends though. I've spent the last year and a half saying, No *sigh* it's still not out. But now in just one more little month I'll be able to say, Yes! *squeal of joy* It's out!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

It is very much "spring" and if spring is what you have in your heart and spring is what you have waited for then it is going to be one fan-tas-tic spring!!!

Carleen Brice said...

Thanks Sherry!! Let the springing begin!