The fabulous Ladylee tagged me for a meme. Here are the rules:
Link the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules in your blog.
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged
My quirks (well 6 of them that I can share here, anyway):
1) I enjoy the sound of my husband chewing popcorn. At night, if I’m lying around reading a book and he starts to eat a bowl of popcorn, it’ll put me right to sleep. It’s very relaxing. I've been known even to ask him to make popcorn so I can listen to him eat it.
2) I have to keep everything I need to know in eyesight. So that means piled on my desk, pinned on corkboards, written on a white board or on a million sticky notes around my desk. My clothes are mostly in piles in my bedroom or hanging on the back of the closet door or the bedroom door (where I can see them). Seriously, if it’s out of sight I forget about it. Halloween candy can hide out until next Halloween as long as it’s put away. This is how bad it is: I’ve “found” clothes I actually forgot I owned because they were hung in my closet. I’ve bought a pair of shoes EXACTLY like ones I already had at home because I forgot I had them because they were in the back of the closet.
3) Since my friend Diane enjoys this quirk of mine so much, I’ll include it. Even though I no longer do it. I used to cross out the candies in the See’s Chocolates catalog I didn’t like and circle (and sometimes number in order of deliciousness) the candies I did like. Since I only have sugar-free or low-sugar chocolate now (Dagoba is the best!), it kind of takes the fun out of the See’s catalog.
4) I like raisins and bread. But I only like raisin bread if there aren’t too many raisins in it.
5) I lost the ability to tell right from left (without a lot of thought and then I’m still wrong half the time) after my mother died. When giving directions, she used to have to pretend to sign her name to figure out which way was right and which was left. (She was right-handed so the hand that was moving was the right hand.) Before she died I didn’t have a problem with it.
6) We feed our cats every 3 hours. We can’t leave food down all day because Vishnu will eat until the food is gone or he explodes, whichever comes first. But Hazel spent the 10 years before Vishnu came to live with us (a dark day in Hazel history) eating 60 3-bite meals a day. So if she “meal feeds” twice a day, she barfs. The compromise is small meals throughout the day. Whether we trained the cats to eat every 3 hours or they trained us to feed them every 3 hours, I couldn’t tell you. But I’d put money on the cats.
What an exercise this would be for developing characters!
I’ll tag Sustenance Scout, Mary Ann, Lafreya, Urban Conjure Woman, Gina Black, and Kwana.