There are recipes in Orange Mint and Honey for orange mint tea and orange mint cookies. But I adapted and tested a couple other recipes that didn't make it into the book.
My recipe for orange mint mojitos has already been posted over at Tayari Jones' blog. She also has recipes for lots of other yummy drink recipes from writers so check it out.
The other recipe that we ran out of space for is:
CHICKEN A L’ORANGE WITH MINT
Because woman can’t live on cookies and drinks alone, here’s a little protein. You can make it even healthier by using skinless chicken and skipping the browning step. Simply season the chicken and bake.
Serves 4-8 people
4-8 pieces of chicken
¼-½ cup flour
1½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup chicken broth
Canola oil to brown chicken
Fresh mint leaves for garnish
1) Grate rind of 1 orange. Squeeze juice over chicken. Slice the 2nd orange into thin slices and set aside (make sure you have enough slices for each piece of chicken).
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3) Mix flour and spices.
4) Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
5) Heat oil in skillet and brown the chicken on both sides.
6) Place browned chicken in a cake pan, leaving space between pieces.
7) Sprinkle grated orange rind over chicken.
8) Pour broth around chicken. Put a slice of orange on each piece of chicken.
9) Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle cooked chicken with fresh mint leaves and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with rice or roasted potatoes.