Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Alicia Keys is a fan!

I just stumbled upon her talking about Orange Mint and Honey on her website! How cool is that?!!!! Join her community and see what she had to say! Here's part:

"First let me say, this is the reason I love to read. This book has so much character and a wealth of soul. I love a book that can take u through a person's insecurities, vulnerabilities, issues and life because we all go through it!I love Shay. U can immediately understand her. Her pain, her anger, her depression, her unresolve. I love how it opened up with her messy room and her talking to Nina Simone. I felt her loneliness, confusion and unrest.Taking the journey with her back to her mother's house made me feel a little scared for her. It's hard to forgive sometimes and as u can see she's not forgiving easily. And why should she???"

3 comments:

LadyLee said...

Yo, that's what's HOT, Botanical Chick. I do believe that there woulda made me shed a few tears.

Get Children of the Waters in her hands. Alicia Keys would make a good Billie. That's all I'm saying. Really.

Good for you! I know that made you proud. It is a very fine book indeed.

Earth Angel said...

That is too cool! I love the new site design too.

evelyn.n.alfred said...

No friggen way! Miss Alicia? Wowzers.
It's time to send an autographed copy of Children of the Waters to her "people".

*smile*