Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Quickies

One Minute Book Reviews is a good site for folks who want to know about a book in a hurry.

I can go this site one better and do one-word reviews. My husband will tell you I’m notorious for answering “okay” when asked “How was the movie?” That typically means it was worth my $8, plus popcorn and Diet Coke, since it took me outside my own swimming head for 2 hours, but it wasn’t great. When it’s great, I can’t shut up about it. When it’s great, I’m talking about it for days. It’s been a while since I’ve seen great. So, since I’m known for the one-word review, I shall share my opinion of the last book/movie I’ve read/seen: Evening. Please take it with a vat of salt.
Good.

Bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your comments on your husband's mini-reviews. Yes, we've all had to learn to decode some people's reviews of books, movies, restaurants and more ...

To me one of the benefits of having a few sites you check often is that you get to know their authors' tastes. So you can transpose their comments from their key into yours, or sense what your reaction might be even if you don't agree with a post. Thanks a million for the link!
Jan Harayda
One-Minute Book Reviews
www.oneminutebookreviews.wordpress.com