Thursday, July 05, 2007

Flower child

One of the best things about having a garden is cut flowers. As lovely as they are in the yard, it's still wonderful to bring some inside to enjoy. And enjoy them I do. They make me ridiculously happy. (And the less I contribute to the industrial-flower complex, the better.) Here are a few bouquets from this year.

Crabapple blossoms from a rather pitiful tree in our backyard.

The red roses are Mr. Lincoln. Very fragrant. The white rose is Polar Star.
There's also some blue salvia, white privet hedge blossoms and a pink peony.

These are some exotic daffodils (the white and orange one is Tahiti) and tulips.
Notice the photo of Zora overlooking my desk.
The painted rock in the frame is from a reader in San Diego
who attended one of my first book signings.

This is a daylily, Echinacea, roses (Heart of Gold, Mr. Lincoln
and the hint of yellow on the other side is Henry Fonda).

No comments: