Friday, July 06, 2007

They're ba-a-a-a-ck


Or they will be soon. Filming for the movie is supposed to begin this fall. Very exciting, but I’m wondering what the story will be. The HBO show gave all our characters happy endings. And they all grew (except for Carrie, but don’t get me started. Too late. I’m started. After 6 seasons, she ended the show the way she began: shopping and being Mr. Big’s GIRLfriend. Ugh!). Miranda and Charlotte are happily married. Carrie and Samantha are happily hooked-up. If you take away the happy ending of any of the characters (except Carrie), then I’m going to feel robbed. So where’s the conflict? And if there’s no conflict, what’s the story? Carrie and Big get married? Yawn. Carrie leaves Big/Big leaves Carrie? Again, yawn. All that said, I will be seeing this movie. If you have any ideas about where this story can go, I'd love to hear them. Leave them in the comments.

No comments: