Sunday, June 08, 2008

More Book Club Love

As y'all all know, I *heart* book clubs. (I promise, I'll stop saying that one day.) A member of this club in L.A. (which doesn't yet have a name) invited me through my site to visit them while I was there. And I'm so glad they did! These ladies know how to party (and discuss a book!)! If the last book club gets the award for most organized, this club gets the award for biggest kick (only a little because of the rum punch they served). And they made the orange mint tea and cookies from the recipes in the book! To Erica, Dawn, Mignon, Jihan and all the other ladies, thank you so much! Thank you for reading my book. Thank you for your insights and observations about my book. And thank you for the gathering. All best wishes to you!

Readers here will be hearing more about my new friend Jihan. She needs a heart transplant and will be raising funds soon. As soon as she's ready, I'll post the information and I hope you'll join me in helping her out.

***
One more thing: Don't forget to check me out on Blog Talk Radio this evening at 6 p.m. EST. The call in number is (347) 838-9511.

6 comments:

Yasmin said...

Nice...wish APOOO had a shot of us reading your book but we're all over the country so it's not possible...but you know how much we love YOU and your book. Thanks so much for the wonderful chat/talk radio segment today...and hmmm Ivy still ain't feeling her and I heart that church scene...and Shay...love me some Shay esp. when she's showing out...I know I know but I can't help myself...lol. Oh yeah and I'm a mother and I LOVE me some Shay...hehe.
xoxo

debra said...

I;m not part of a book club, but I a reading your amazingly incredible book. Your ability to give voice to your characters is wonderful, and the stories they tell are clear. Thanks for telling the story.

Carleen Brice said...

Yasmin, Thank YOU and your girls for reading and talking about my book! I'm glad it gave y'all to so much to argue, I mean, talk about. LOL

Debra, Thanks so much for reading and for stopping by!!!

Yasmin said...

I'm glad it gave y'all to so much to argue, I mean, talk about. LOL

hehe...touche!

Shauna Roberts said...

That's one huge book club!

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hello there!

I missed the Blog Talk show!! Darn...

You may also want to check out Talk Shoe since that system seems to have better features than Blog Talk (or so I've heard)!!

Congrats on the huge welcome from the book club! Looks like a fun bunch!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa