Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy 11/11

See it?

For those who've read Orange Mint and Honey, you'll recall that Shay has a thing for numbers, especially special dates and times of day. For example, when she first awakens to find Nina Simone in her room, it's at 3:33 a.m. An interviewer at Essence magazine asked me why that time, and I didn't have a real reason. 3:33 is just the time that came to me. She was curious because 3:33 had become special to her after she started seeing 333 combinations after her grandfather passed away (right before we did the interview). Believe it or not, I didn't do any research about the number before I used it. I looked up the symbolism after she told me about her grandfather and learned that "the number 3 underlies all aspects of creation - mind, body and spirit; birth, life & death; past, present and future." (according to The Secret Life of Symbols by David Fontana) I think it fits my novel and maybe the interviewer's situation with her grandfather.

Shay got that little habit from me. I very much enjoy that today is 11/11 and I'm timing this post to hit at 11:11 a.m. I'm not a numerologist, but I can't describe what a joy that will be for me. (And can I just point out that those 4 11s add up to 08--cool huh?!) Crazy? Maybe, but makes for great material when I need, cough, "quirks" for my characters.

While typing this, I decided to google the meaning of 11:11 and I find that I am not alone. As of this moment, there are about 170,000,000 hits for the topic.

Enjoy! And here's to all those who have made great sacrifices for our country: Happy Veteran's Day and thank you!

7 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

So should I leave you eleven comments?

Lisa said...

Interesting! The number thing is much more interesting than a lock checker or obsessive stove checker.

Therese said...

I'm up with the threes business: the grandmother in REUNION is all about the spirituality of three.

Cool. :)

Carleen Brice said...

Travis, I salute you 11 times!

Lisa, I've got those obessions too, especial locks (also put to use in my novel).

Therese, Very cool. Can't wait to hear more!

jamey said...

my daddy's birthday is today: 11/11/33! i'm kinda a nut about numerology for someone not so good in math. i have secret favorite numbers all through my novel. and "a mercy" just came out today too.

Sustenance Scout said...

Jamey just reminded me of one of my favorite days of all time: 7/7/07, my dad's 77th birthday. Family from all over the country flew into Syracuse to help him celebrate. I'll never forget it!

As for 3:33 on Shay's clock, Carleen, I'm betting you were nudged/inspired to do that; funny how writing can open such pathways, isn't it?

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣,情色,成人,A片,自拍,情趣用品,情趣,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片,情趣用品,情趣,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛,情趣用品,情趣,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,情趣用品,情趣,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影,A片,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣,情趣情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍情趣用品,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,日本AV,寄情築園小遊戲,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,色情遊戲,一葉情貼圖片區,色情網站,色情影片,微風成人, 嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人影片,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,080視訊聊天室,視訊聊天室情趣用品,A片,aio,av,av女優,a漫,免費a片,aio交友愛情館,a片免費看,a片下載,本土自拍,自拍,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,一葉情貼圖片區,色情影片,情色網,色情網站,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人小說,成人電影情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,自拍,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,H漫,A片,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,SEX,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣商品,A片,A片,A片,A片,A片,A片,中古車,二手車,情色小說,色情,情色視訊,寄情築園小遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,色情遊戲,情色交友,嘟嘟情人色網,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情色論壇,色情影片,情色網,色情漫畫,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,視訊聊天室,080聊天室,視訊聊天,美女交友,視訊做愛,情色視訊,免費視訊A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人光碟